Hawaiian Huna Village
The Aloha Project
The Huna Store
Aloha Everyone! We hope you enjoy our newsletter, but if you wish to be removed from our list, please reply to this email with"Remove" in the subject line and we will delete your name from our mailing list.
Click here to view this email in your browser
photo by Sonja Kass
Excerpt from Urban Shaman, by Serge Kahili King:
"One of the most powerfully effective ways to use night dreams is to change them with your imagination. Dreams are real experiences in another dimension, but like all real experiences they are the effects of belief structures or habit patterns. In that way they are like languages, which are based on structures and patterns."
Kilauea Volcano Watch
The steam cloud at Halema'uma'u is wispy, but continues to put out lots of sulfur dioxide. Ocean flows and explosions continue. A broad lava flow is creeping west along the coastal plain.
Making The World A Better Place
From "Living Green": Recycling Electronics
1. Give cell phones back to their manufacturers or donate them to charity.
2. Return iPods to Apple for recycling or sell them for parts.
3. Keep old TVs out of landfills by taking them to a safe e-cycling facility.
4. Take e-waste to stores like Best Buy and Staples that have recycling programs.
5. Search Earth 911's database of recycling locations across the U.S.
Aloha International News
Aloha International's Hula Halau, Na Lei Kupua O Kauai, reports that: "We have a 3 piece band made up of 'Sage' Jarvis, Ukelele & Vocals; Al Alamodin, guitar & vocals; & Jamie Valdez, bass. It is a thrill to dance to live musicians and it has added a whole new dimension to our group."
Second Life: A gift-giving Christmas tree has been put up at the Huna Village Conference Center. On Holani Island there is now an art gallery at the Pavilion, and a fishing dock by the Hospitality House.
Current Articles on the Web at Huna.org:
- ""Our Destiny," by Serge Kahili King
- "I Feel Like I Was Being Tested," by Graeme Kupono Urlich
Send your healing requests to email@example.com and participate in our world-wide healing work at the Healing Hut and at the Global Healing Circles in Second Life.
At The Huna Store:
- New: Polynesian-style temporary tatoos - turtles, flowers, tapa designs.
Check the Huna Calendar for:
- January 4, Virtual Huna Village in Second Life, Talk Story with Serge Kahili King at 11am PST. Contact Kahili Writer in SL.
- January 4, Volcano, Big Island, "Healing From Within" 3-hr workshop with Serge Kahili King, 2-5 pm, $75/person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 4, Volcano, Big Island, Talk Story with Serge Kahili King at 7 pm Hawaii Time. Contact email@example.com.
- January 8, Pali Uli Island, Second Life, "Healing From Within" 2-hr workshop with Serge Kahili King, 11 am-1 pm PST, $49/person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- and much more...
Kaha ka 'io i ka malie
The hawk poises in the calm
(said in admiration of a handsome person)