Hawaiian Huna Village
The Aloha Project
The Huna Store
Aloha Everyone! We hope you enjoy our newsletter, but if you wish to be removed from our list, please reply to this email with"Remove" in the subject line and we will delete your name from our mailing list.
Click here to view this email in your browser
Excerpt from Healing For The Millions, by Serge Kahili King:
"I have a theory. It goes like this: The better people feel, physically and emotionally, the more clear their thinking will be, and the better their decisions will be for the community as a whole. And, conversely, the more clear their thinking is, the better they will feel physically and emotionally, and the more they will tend to behave in ways that are more in harmony with their social and physical environment... More simply put, we can change the world by changing people, or better, by giving people the tools to change themselves."
Kilauea Volcano Watch
At the beginning of September, three spectacular explosions at Halema'uma'u Crater throwing out lots of glass, and lava continues to flow into the ocean.
Making The World A Better Place
The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns. It'll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever.
"Native of Owhyhee" is a documentary about the young Hawaiian chief who inspired the first missionaries to come to the islands, and it is a record of Hawaiian values and aspirations expressed by contemporary Hawaiians. See the trailer on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2VTzh5CZdg.
Aunty Margaret Machado, a very well-known and beloved teacher of Lomi Lomi massage, has suffered a number of strokes and is not well. If you would like to help her with hospital and medical expenses, visit http://www.lomilomi.com/aunty_margaret.htm.
Aloha International News
Give Aloha, Foodland’s Annual Community Matching Gifts Program will run from September 1-30, 2008 at all Foodland and Sack N Save stores statewide in Hawaii. You can make a donation to Aloha International at the checkout counter.
Serge Kahili King leaves on a teaching tour to Europe on September 22nd and will return to Hawaii on November 3rd. As a result there will not be an Aloha Newsletter in October.
There's a great snapshot of the Global Healing Circle at Huna Village in Second Life at http://www.huna.org/html/SL-Snapshots/slvillagesnaps03.html.
Current Articles on the Web at Huna.org:
- "On The World As A Dangerous Place" by Serge Kahili King
- "Problem-solving With The Seven Principles," by Brian Higgins
- "The Alohamana Technique," by Peter Nebres
Send your healing requests to email@example.com and participate in our world-wide healing work at the Healing Hut.
At The Huna Store:
- The Clearance Sale continues with the addition of Huna Talks in bundles of five by Serge Kahili King for only US$10.00 each.
Check the Huna Calendar for:
- September 7-11, Japan, Hawaiian Massage Workshop by Susan Pa'iniu Floyd.
- September 7-12, Big Island, Hunaquest Course by Serge Kahili King and Fern Merle-Jones.
- September 15-19, Big Island, Hula Intensive with Kumu Hula Kawaikapuokalani Hewett.
- September 18-December 12, Urban Shaman Online Course with Katherine Veilleux.
- September 27-28, Basel, Switzerland, Changing Reality Workshop with Serge Kahili King.
- and much more...
Nui kalakalai, manumanu ka loa'a
Too much whittling leaves only a little wood