Shamanic Healing In The Wake Of A Disaster
1. It doesn't matter where you are or what posture you are in, and you don't have to close your eyes if you don't want to. If I have to tell you not to close your eyes while you are driving, then you need help, too.
2. Imagine a comfortable place. It could be out in Nature or in a building, it doesn't matter as long as it's comfortable to you.
3. Ask for a symbol of all the people who were hurt in any way, physically, emotionally, mentally, or materially. Let the symbol take the form of a single natural or man-made object, a sound, or a feeling. This allows you to focus on helping many people without strain. If you want to ask someone or something specific to provide you with the symbol. go ahead. Otherwise, just trust and ask.
4. When something new or different appears in your imagined comfortable place, accept that as the symbol. If the symbol needs fixing or healing, use your imagination to fix it or heal it. If the symbol looks or feels fine, do something to make it even better, or imagine filling it with strong, beautiful energy in the form of light or sound. When you are finished, silently say something like "amama," "so be it," or "amen."
5. Next, ask for a symbol of all those involved in helping the people who were hurt, and follow the same guidelines given above. You can do this for as many symbols for as many different things as you want, such as the animals, the plants, and the buildings, but I suggest that you do it for the hurt ones and the helpers, at least.
6. When you are all finished, just say, "Mahalo," or "Thank you," and trust that the good powers in the universe will respond by manifesting your intentions in whatever way is possible.
7. Repeat the process whenever you feel moved to, for this problem or any other that may come up.
[Top of page] Contact us