What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do
It happens to many of us, if not all. You want something to happen - I mean you really want something to happen - and you use everything you know to make it happen, but it doesn't, so what then? Different people try different things to get what they really want, according to what they have learned, but typically they begin with what they know best.
In the modern world this is usually a "first level" approach of arranging people and things in a way that will produce the desired effect. This is natural, because for a lot of purposes this way does work very well. If you want a new television set, a very effective way to get one is to get in your car, drive to the store that sells televisions, pay the money by cash or credit, and bring the TV back home in your car. The deal is done without the need for working at any other level. But, depending on the individual and the purpose, this approach doesn't always work.
When a "first level" approach doesn't work, people typically add or switch to "second level." If someone really wants to increase their income and can't make that happen in a first level way, they might try prayer, wishing, or telepathic attraction with emotions and thoughts. And this often works, but not always.
When "second level" doesn't work, some people give up and go into despair or depression, but others with more knowledge might move to "third level" and try things like a "Wish Board" full of symbolic representations of what they want, visualizations, or self-guided meditations (or even "Inner Gardening" if they are familiar with Hawaiian shamanism). And this often works, but not always.
Then, if they don't give up and they know enough, they may go for a "fourth level" approach in which they try a complete makover of themselves into a different person, based on some real or fictional model that they are familiar with and admire. And, of course, sometimes this works, but not always.
Somewhere along the way, after too many things haven't worked, some people will take the easy way out to keep their self respect and decide that someone or something with more power than they have doesn't want them to succeed. One favorite option is the decision that voodoo, or evil magic, or a powerful psychic is to blame. That allows a person to spend all his or her time defending or seeking a defender rather than trying any more. Another favorite is that God or gods don't want them to do it. That, at least, gives them an excuse for not being able to continue. Both of these are based on the decision that they are powerless which, in a twisted way, gives them a sense of power. In any case, true Hunatics don't have these options, since the sixth principle says that "All power comes from within."
So, when all your efforts are in vain, yet you still don't want to give up on what you want, then you have to do something radically different. What follows is a system that I have worked out, based on what i like to call "effortless focus."
1. STOP! Stop thinking, stop doing, stop trying. Just be aware and breathe in the present moment, doing only what is necessary for survival. Getting into this very present moment state may take minutes or months, but don't forget your purpose.
2. LOOK! Look at the situation from a different point of view, such as from a different profession, as a different person, or as if it were someone else's problem.
3. LISTEN! Ask the Universe for a solution. It may come as a sudden insight, a knowing, or an idea that comes from a book, TV, a movie, a sign, a friend, or a stranger. It may come right away, or it may take a few days. It will NOT come as command from an inner voice.
4. ACT! Do something, anything, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, toward changing the circumstances. Sometimes I have simple decluttered and/or rearranged my immediate environment to initiate changes in circumstances or opportunities.
5. BLESS! Think a lot about what you want, and about how good it will feel to have it, but be okay with whatever happens. It also helps to bless (admire, appreciate) a lot of things that seem totally unrelated.
6. TRUST! Believe that there is a way to solve your problem or get what you want, even if you don't know what that is yet, and trust that access to whatever power you need does exist, even if you don't feel it yet.
7. EXPECT! Decide that everything will work out perfectly, even if differently, and that the Universe is really on your side to do something good for yourself and the world around you.